Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Belize Camouflaged Toad


This is a macro picture of a toad that I found when I was in the Belize rainforest for a rainforest/coral reef ecology trip that I attended in of High School. The trip was Unbelizable :). As you can see from the picture the toad is about the size of a leaf and he camouflages incredibly well with the dying foliage that is on the rainforest floor. Most predators would not be able to spot him out in the rainforest environment. I like this picture because you can compare the toad to his habitat and you get a detailed view of him with his surroundings. I don't like the shadow that is cast to the side of the toads face. But point and shoot macro photography is not easy so I am not too disappointed with the shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment