Monday, October 22, 2012

Chipmunk

Before
After
Photo was taken ISO 200, f/6.7, 1/1000 sec, 500mm Lens,  Manual/No Flash
I took this photo in Phillips Park with my K10 Pentax Camera, 170mm-500mm lens on the camera. When I took the photo I did not have a tripod and I was using my body to stabilize myself to get a clear image.  Because of the low ISO and the Fast Shutter Speed the original photo of the chipmunk is underexposed and is too dark to present. But after editing the photo in light room I was able to make exposure and contrast adjustments so that the photo would be presentable. I was able to clone out a lot of distraction from the long blades of straw that cut up in the photo. Adjusting the sharpness and clarity of the photo helped bring in the detail of the chipmunks fur as well. Overall I really like how the chipmunks eye and entire body with the flower that it is eating is all in the depth the field. Also the rock that the chipmunk is on is in the depth the field and it gives good color to the photo. As you can see from the before and after photo, I wanted to see if I could use light room to make a photo that I thought was trash and make it into a presentable image. I am truly blown away by how far you can edit a picture and adjust it to make it the picture that you really wanted using light-room.

No comments:

Post a Comment