Sunday, November 11, 2012

Prairie Deer

Photograph: ISO 200, F/ 8, 1/180 Sec, 500mm

This Photo was taken in a wide field prairie when I was hiking. It was very hard to not be noticed by the deer and get in for a close shot. I used a technique of crouching low and walking in a diagonal toward the deer. I noticed that as I kept the camera to my face the deer did not seem very threatened and they became curious to see what kind of creature that I was. This Picture was taken when the deer were walking toward me and I was able to still myself for a good shoot. I used the low ISO for better image quality and I needed the low F/ because it was a cloudy day and I did not want the picture to be underexposed. The shutter speed of 1/180 was good for the shot because I was not using a tripod and the fast shutter speed made it a still clear picture. When working with the photo in light-room I used the black/white option because it gives the Deer a better distinction from the ground in the photo making them the subject. I used the rule of thirds when I cropped the photo and made sure that the deer on the right side of the were in the Top Right rule of third. But I made sure that the photo was not weighted completely on the right side, by lining the single deer up on the top left side of the the rule thirds. Deer are very delicate animals and I like this photo in Black/White because it shows their simplicity of just being out in an open field in a group.

No comments:

Post a Comment